Monday, August 29, 2016

You Have a Wonderful Face!

I was Role Playing with my Ukrainian companion today and whenever he says Faith it sounds like he is saying face.  So he was pretending I was an investigator and he said, "You have a great Face, a wonderful face and someday your face will grow." haha it was so funny I couldn't keep a straight face.

So this last week has been crazy. so crazy!!! oh man let me tell you what happened. On Monday we had a great family home evening with the Dunconsons. They are a Family that was less active about 5 years ago but now they are the most solid people in the world. Their family is so Mormon I love it. We played Blind mans buff so that was fun.

Tuesday: we had an exchange with our District leader, Elder Parsons. He is probably the best District leader I have seen. I was with his trainee Elder Kroes. He is from Germany. We Basically found for 7 hours. It was so much fun though because we would dare each other to stop people by saying funny things. 

Wednesday: we were able to teach our Jehovah witness friend, Denver. He is a good guy but he lacks commitment. if you could pray for him that would be brilliant. The rest of the day was just runing around and finding.

Thursday: We had a Book of Mormon study class where we read my favorite chapter in the Book of Mormon, Ether 12. It was a spiritual meeting. Early that day we went into a hospital to put our name on a clergy list for people in who want to talk to us.  We started talking to a catholic Chaplin and he took a Book of Mormon and is having us back next week to talk about his reading, that will be fun.

Saturday: was my favorite day. We taught William, an investigator who has known the church is true for 5 years but can't be baptized because his wife wont sign the paper. If you could pray that her heart will be softened. We also taught Chris a recent convert who is having a hard time. The lesson with him was so spiritual. He felt Gods love for sure and said he needs to start coming back to church. The end of the day we taught the Mitchell's. They are a less active family who want to come back. Their daughter Elle isn't Baptized and the father wants to get active and ready so he can Baptize her.

Sunday was great. I gave a talk on scripture power and we had a dinner appointment with a less active.

Life is good. I love this church. I love this gospel. Keep it real my friends. 

Elder Thayne

this is me and Elder Ahafonov
 
Strawberry milk, chocolate milk and banana milk.


No comments:

Post a Comment