Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Motherwell

Oh wow. This week has been amazing. Let me tell you about it.

Tuesday: we had District Meeting in Mullingar with the Zone Leaders. It was  spiritual one for sure. I had a weird feeling in the middle of it that it would be the last time I lead a district meeting. It was kind of sad. We Blitzed Mullingar, all six of us, and had massive success. We set up 10 appointments for the next couple days. It was a great Blitz. That night we played Bean Boozled. I is a game where you spin a will and it lands on a color and you have to eat that color of bean. The color could be 2 flavors though. It can either be good or bad. Chocolate or dog food. haha it was way fun. It was going slow so I thought I would speed it up and eat all of the rotten eggs at once. There was about 20 jelly beans flavored like rotten eggs in my mouth. It was one of the worst experiences ever.

Wednesday: we were able to find and give a blessing to the same man in the hospital. He is going to pull through I know it.

Thursday: We ran into the guy who needed money to pay for his rent. We asked him if he checked his washer for the money and he did. He was amazed and he asked if we could teach him!! haha yeah we can. We then drove to Carrick on Shannon were we chapped (tracked) a bit and then GQ'd (street  contacted) Everyone seemed strangely rude. We looked at each other and were like...."this is a trial, that means a blessing is going to come." we felt impressed to go the park. We talked to this guy on the bench who we taught. It was really spiritual. He has been off drugs for 8 weeks and is looking to change his life. He is coming to church. One more thing. He is a Piano player and Sligo doesn't have a pianist. He said he would love to come to church and play the Piano for us. haha he is golden.


Friday: Went finding and got some really cool potentials and several appointments made. Then got a random call from the AP's saying I am leaving early, before moves call and going to Motherwell. I am going to be training again. I love training so much. I won't be district leader anymore. It is the first time In a year so it will be weird getting use to. I really have loved it and I have learned so much. I will always be grateful to my dad who was always trying to take this day dreaming, shy, and very white personality boy and trying to teach him leadership. I love him for it. Anyway we left to Dublin that night.

Saturday: found in Dublin City Center which is amazing. I love it. Then went to a Baptismal service of 2 of Gods Children. They didn't have a Pianist so I played the top hand of the songs they had picked and then just played songs I new while the 2 were getting changed. We drove up through Belfast that night and stayed with the Zone Leaders There (Elder Cook and Elder Stoker [amazing missionaries]).

Sunday: left on the fairy and took a bus to Glasgow. On the way I sat next to this really cool guy who just needs the gospel. He is 20 and plays the saxophone. He has a Book of Mormon back home and he promises he will read the full thing and pray about it. Missed church and it was the first week of my mission I couldn't renew my covenants. saw a lot of old mission buddies: Elder Powell, Parkinson, Stevens. Went GQing in Glasgow city center....that was awesome. Then I traveled down to Mother well That night to spend the night with the people me and my trainee are white washing....my other son Elder Plewe! oh man I love Elder Plewe. He is an amazing missionary. If you could see the change you wouldn't believe it. It was so much fun catching up and talking about Portadown till late into the night.








Elder Plewe and Me, He was my first trainee in Portadown.


Elder Davis and Me



Sheep


Something only Talmage, Eli and Grayson would get.

2 comments: