Monday, September 5, 2016

2 Area's 2 phones 2 miracles

So this week I said that we had 2 miracles. The truth is we have way more than 2 miracles but these ones are special. Elder Agafonov and I have to work in 2 different wards, Eastkilbrid and Motherwell. We have 2 phones so that is nice for the work. 

The start of the week was really good. We had zone interview training and that was really good. I gave training on 12 week (extra hour for comp study for new missionaries). haha it was funny because me and my trainee right when we got together agreed that 12 week was a waste of time so we just worked through that time. After studying for my training and talking to my leaders about it I have repented haha. It really is a great program to help missionaries get prepared. Abraham Lincoln said if he had 7 hours to chop down a tree, he would sharpen the ax for 4 hours and chop it down for the rest. We need to be in tune with the spirit and know how to lead a lesson if our work is going to make a difference in people's lives.

Ever since I have been in the Motherwell area I have really wanted to work hard with the members. I think that this ward has crazy crazy potential. It just takes them seeing their capacity and working for this growth. I think that this week was a lot of groundwork in member missionary work. I am excited to see many doors open for the missionary work here.

Miracle 1
Friday we went to Eastkilbride. It was our first  time there since Elder Agafonov and I have been together. It was really good. We were able to teach a referral from the Zone Leaders. His name is Scot and he is 28. He came from a really rough part of Glasgow. While he was growing up it was the city with the highest murder rates in the world. He has some scars and some bad habits but he wants a new life. He wants something better than what he has got. When we met with him it was a good lesson lead by Elder Agafonov. He has accepted a date to be baptized on the 18th of September. If you could all pray for him that would be great. Eastkilbride is also ready to explode. Because of other missionaries work we have 2 people with a date there and we have only been there twice.

Miracle 2
Elder Agafonov was getting his Endowment in July when he ran into a temple worker who served in Scotland 55 years earlier. They talked about the mission and before he left the temple worker called him back and wrote on a sticky note a name and a place. He said, "If by chance you are ever here you should look these people up." Last week he was looking in his Journal and this note was in there. I looked at it and it said HAMILTON. No way! I told him that it is in our area. We found out they were members and so we called them right away and set a time to meet them on Saturday. President Donaldson had revelation to send Elder Agafonov here for his first area and I know there is always a purpose behind revelation. We got there and told them the story. It ended up being the people that this temple worker Baptized while he was here. we were so excited. When we kept talking we found out that they have a friend that has shown interest in the gospel who is from the same city Elder Agafonov is from in Ukraine. We knew what we had to do. So we are getting a Russian Book of Mormon and having him write his testimony in it and having them give it to this friend of theirs. I love this. What a miracle.

We were in Eastkilbride for Sunday this week. All the members there were so excited to have us. We hope we can help them out. They have had a hard time in attendance these last several years so we are hoping to get stuff going. This will only happen if missionaries and members work together. I hope that all of you can have a missionary experience this week. If you don't run into one then go find one. The missionaries need you members and the Lord needs you even more. I love you all. See you later.

Elder Thayne


Not to pick favorites but I like ours a lot better. I have been in both and while the architecture is cool in the one, it is missing something. I love the church. This is the Eastkilbride building.


No comments:

Post a Comment