Monday, July 4, 2016

It is for the GG (Greater Good)

So we got Moves Call and Elder Udy is leaving. I was pretty bummed out because he is awesome. But I guess it is for the Greater Good. He is going to Dumbarton in Scotland and I will be getting Elder Harvey. I don't know anything about him. But he will be my favorite companion.

So this last week that I had with Elder Udy was really good. We were able to teach a lot of people. We got new investigators in ways we would never have thought of. We bought this banjo performers CD then we told him about our standards and he was so impressed he met with us. Our first lesson was on the commandments and it was awesome. The spirit was really strong and we committed him to live the word of Wisdom on the first lesson. He is from Holland and he doesn't know how to read in English so we will need to get him a Dutch BOM. We are also helping some our investigators with this dance class and while we were there a women came up to us and was like. "You are Mormons? I thought you Mormons were weird but you seem pretty cool. Could we sit down after dance class and you can tell me about your church?" It was pretty awesome.

Sorry I don't have too much time. I want you to know that this gospel is true. it really is. If we live it then we are happy. Just move forward with your life don't let past mistakes hold you back. don't let fear of the future discourage you. Focus on how you can be your best in the here and now. The Lord will bless your faith. I am proud to be a missionary. have all of the typical experiences that happen to missionaries. Speaking of which I had so many people try to Bash with me this week. They were all really hostile attacking right off the bat. I felt the spirit as I testified. I could see how far I have come in my testimony. I still have a long way to go, but I am grateful for how much it has grown. 

Love you all. go out and do something nice for someone today. It will make you happier. see you later.

Elder Thayne



Elder Udy is lifting the X-wing out of Dagoba swamps.



I just crashed on Dagoba and I am telling R2 to be more careful.
(Sorry only Star Wars fans will get these pictures.)

No comments:

Post a Comment