Monday, September 28, 2015

One More Run in Portadown

So we got the moves call last night while we were over at Brother Bridgewater's house and I was informed I am staying! I am so happy I am because I feel like my work isn't done here yet. by the time I leave next transfer I will have been in my first area for 7 and 1/2 months. I am so happy to because I have learned so much and I can see things starting to pick up.

This last week was pretty great! we were able to go over to Lena's house and have a lesson. It was kind of sad because when we started to talk about her baptism she told us that she is worried about it because none of her kids want her to do it. Her kids are telling her that it is unfair of her to baptize her into the catholic church and then change when they have spent there entire lives going to another church. I know that this is just a trial of her faith to see if she will be strong though. I believe that she will still be baptized because she has read the book of Mormon and she has prayed about it. She knows it is true. She knows Joseph Smith is a Prophet, She knows this is the only church with authority and she agrees and wants to live all of the commandments especially the word of wisdom. The Lord has given her the answer and now it is up to her to decide what she will do with it.

The Lisburn Elders in the district where having a pretty hard time finding new investigators cause they have no one. It is kind of sad because just 2 months ago they were baptizing and they were teaching all the time. So the District went to Lisburn on Friday to blitz the area and try to get some things happening. We went and white boarded and talked to a ton of people. I think it helped out a lot cause now they have 7 people to start teaching :]


It goes Elders Stanley, Plewe, Thayne, Blosil, Mickleson, Parkinson and 
some guy Elder Mickleson was talking to.  


This last Sunday was great because it was the primary presentation. A lot of people came that haven't come for months. there was 5 less actives there. It was so great, cause the spirit was so strong. I think it stirred a lot of peoples hearts. 

Ana, the less active from Columbia, came to church yesterday. we went over earlier in the week and brought her a Spanish Book of Mormon and I have never seen anyone hold onto a book as tight as she did. She thanked us over and over :] Sunday was the first time she has come to church since she was 14. so about 30 years. She brought her son's Christian and Keylin. They all had a great time. the entire time she kept saying, "oh yeah I remember this" the spirit hit her strong and she made so many friends :] I am so happy and I am sure her family is so happy that she has decided to come back to church. Her Son Christian is also going to start coming to young mens! The new young mens leader, Brother Bridgewater, said he had an impression that he needed to pick a new young man up for Sunday but he didn't know who it was until we asked him to give Ana's family a lift.

Miracles are happening here :] i LOVE my district. Sadly Elder Blosil will be leaving us. I was able to serve around him for 6 months and he is an incredible missionary and a great friend.

Hey I Love you all and Hope you can see the Lords hand in your own life :]

Elder Thayne

P.S. by the way, Ana is the same lady who got offended and never came back to church when that girl asked her why she always wore the same dress. and now she is back. The Lord has a plan for everyone :]


The cereal is a rip off because it is less than half the size of the box.


I (Mom) told him to send me a stinkin' selfie if nothing else!



No comments:

Post a Comment