Monday, October 5, 2015

General Conference

So this last week was awesome. We said goodbye to Elder Blosil, but we have welcomed Elder Allred.

Through this last week we have been doing a lot of planning to make this next transfer the best it can be. This will most likely be my last transfer here so I want to do my best so the missionary that comes after me has something to work with. 

We were able to teach Nadia and Armendez this last week. They are a Lithuanian family and I think they can start progressing a lot. We explained that authority is needed for baptism and she said if she finds out that this church is true then she will be baptized so now she is reading the book of Mormon. I am super excited for her.

Christian, Ana's son, wen to young mens and loved it. I really think that she will be reactivated and he will be baptized. they are so ready to come into the fold. I love those two they have so much potential. 

This Saturday we were going to teach a potential, Honorio. He said we can come over on satuday at any time so Elder Plewe and I decided to go over before conference. We took Pedro with us and when we got there Honorio's son opened the door and told us his dad wasn't home. we asked him if we could give him a message and he accepted. We went in and started to pamphlet teach the Restoration. That lesson was one of the most spiritual lessons there was. Milicar, Honorio's son, was totally focused on what we were saying. We testified that the Holy Ghost was telling him that everything we were saying was true. He just got really quiet. Then we took a Book of Mormon out of our bag and gave it to him. We told him that this is scripture that Joseph Smith translated. He took it and said, "I will read this." He said it over and over "I want to read this. I want to read this." We told him to start at the beginning and prayer before he starts and after he finishes to ask of the Book of Mormon is true. He said he would. We extended a soft commintment to Baptism and he said he would when he knows it is true. Milicar is so humble and such a stud. 

Then we went to General Conference....Wow. wasn't that amazing. There was definitely a theme to this conference, FAITH. I loved it. I am going to down load it and listen to it. anyway I don't have much to say. I hope you have a good day. see you all later.

Elder Thayne


This is a delicious tomato BBQ chicken quasadilla



We are taking Elder Blosil to Belfast to go to his new area and it's pretty foggy. 


That is a selfie of Elder Plewe, Elder Mickelsen, Elder Blosil and me.



Elder Kinvill and me, he is in my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment