Sunday, September 27, 2015

Making Time Count

This last week has been a pretty good week. we have done a ton of finding. On Saturday Portadown had a "country comes to town" fair and we went to it and started GQing (street contacting) people. Mostly everyone wanted to move on to the rides cause those are more interesting. So we went to the church and got a white board and wrote, "what makes you happy?" and we just had as many people as we could come write on it. we were able to talk to a ton of people and have really good conversations. Sometimes it is fun to change up the way we do finding :]

This last District meeting we were asked to discuss Family history and how it is so important. When I heard I was suppose to do training on that I was kind of nervous. To be honest I didn't really know anything about family history and I didn't know how to get people excited. Luckily the senior couple, Elder and Sister Lorimer, was there. They told us amazing stories about how Family history can really help in missionary work. We kind of threw away the lesson plan and I was fine with that because it went in a way better direction than I thought it would. They got everyone so pumped to help people do family history our district is doing a blitz in Lisburn. We are going to really stir up that area with the spirit of Elijah. I am really excited about this because it should be BRILLIANT.

It has been pretty hard to teach people lately because everyone has been gone on holiday but that is ok because now everyone is back. We have a pretty solid teaching pool and we are optimistic with several of our investigators. :] 

In my studies this last week I have thought a lot about the enabling power of the Atonement. It is so real and it is so powerful. My mission scripture is the best scripture to describe this power, Ether 12:27.  I have also thought about David when he went against Goliath. He had nothing going for him from the worlds point of view but he walked up to Goliath and said, "Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the Lord of hosts, The God of the Armies of Israel, Whom thou hast defied." Man, so cool. God is with us and he will strengthen us so that we can defeat every Giant in our lives. 

I love you all and hope you have a great week. Thank you for your prayers.

Elder Thayne



These photos were sent to us on Face Book by Sis. Julie MacNally from their Single Adult Family Home Evening Group

No comments:

Post a Comment