Monday, September 7, 2015

Give us one of your REVELATIONS

So this last week we had an all Ireland (training). It was awesome I always love hearing President Donaldson speak. He is amazing and I know that he is called of God to be our mission President. I love it. He gets me so pumped. 

This last week has been pretty slow. Most of the people we talk to don't want to talk to us and if they do talk to us it is because we are american. I have faith that this next week will be really good though so I am excited. 

As I have been reading the book of Mormon lately I have been receiving a witness from the Holy Ghost on really specific principle. I have also been growing in my testimony of the Whole Book itself. I was reading Alma 42 the other day and Justice and Mercy just seemed to make sense. I feel like as I have been using my study journal as I am reading and thinking about things the Holy Ghost is giving me revelation more frequently. I have noticed that as I have had that revelation those subjects have been coming up whenever I am talking to someone. It just shows me that the Lord has everything in mind and when you receive something from him it is for a purpose so you should find our what that purpose is. I just realized it right now but I am training on revelation in district meeting tomorrow and I think that is why the Lord has been giving me all of these experiences. haha funny how that works.

BEST WARD
in our ward councils we have brought up how we want to work more closely with the ward. The ward mission leader and the bishop are so cool they are encouraging everyone in ward council to have us over before September is over. When we go into their homes we will be helping them create their own mission plan as a family. This is an Idea that My older brother gave me (that Mom shared from the Lehi North Stake Serve From Home Missionary Couple). So far as we have helped created a plan for 2 families and their enthusiasm is so great! I think that the Portadown Area is like a bomb. Right now the fuse is being lit but soon the work here is going to explode. I am just glad I get to share it with Elder Plewe.

I love you all, I really do. All of you have been incredible influences in my life. I know that this church is true and I am so glad to be out here on the mission. I will give it my all.

Elder Thayne

PS my address is if you want to be Christlike and write me ;]

Elder Talmage Platt Thayne
12 north street, Portadown
BT62 4BR
United Kingdom


Me and my MTC companion, he's such a stud!


Picture of my tag


A picture with the Pintos.  They are so funny, ha ha!



The Helmet of Salvation



These last two were sent to Mom by Julie McNally, the beloved Primary President who secretly snapped these before church started and during Ward Council!  Love her!


No comments:

Post a Comment