Monday, April 27, 2015

Northern Ireland!

Hey everyone! 
Before i went to Northern Ireland i went to the mission home in Edinburgh. The drive up was so gorgeous with all of the rock walls, rolling green hills and sheep everywhere. It is beautiful there and my mission president is amazing.  We hiked up Pratts hill and we made a goal of what we wanted to accomplish while we were out on our missions. we were told where we will be serving then we were able to go out and do some street contacting which ended up being really successful. we got like 10 peoples contact information and we passed it on to the Elders in that area.

so I was called to an area named Portadown, it is near Belfast. Our area is big and there is only 2 of us so we have a lot of work to do. I am looking forward to working hard and building trust with the ward. My Grandpa Platt served near this area so i will be looking for people who might know him. from what I know, my Grandpa was an amazing missionary. If I can emulate him while I am out here than I know that I will have served a successful mission.

My trainers name is Elder Walters, he is from California and he seems awesome. I can tell i will get along with him and we will work hard. we have 10 Missionaries in our district and we will be having our first district conference tomorrow. so that will be fun to meet all of the other missionaries.

 I know this church is true and i am so glad to be out here to tell my brothers and sisters about it. I wish you all the best of luck.

Elder Thayne

No comments:

Post a Comment