Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Nearly there...

So i only have 1 day left till i am shipped of to Edinburgh Scotland to meet my mission president. I am leaving the Preston England mtc at 6 in the morning on friday. so i have to get up at 3:45. haha oh well. I can't wait to get into my first area and to meet my trainer. it is going to be an amazing experience.  I just can't wait to get out there.  

Don't get me wrong i have had an amazing time here at the mtc. the food is spectacular, the teachers are wonderful, the mtc president is great and i have met so many great friends. we have learned how to have a ton of fun with the little resources we have. us missionaries can get pretty creative when we are board. we play this game where we try to steel a pent (penny) out of someones hand before they close it. and we would have an ultimate tic tac toe tournament. we have fun at the mtc that is for sure but I have been work hard.

All day everyday is none stop learning, teaching, and planning. i am literally up from 6:30 till 10 every night just learning how to be a more effective missionary. haha i have never been more tired! But i have never been more happy. i am learning so much and i actually enjoy it so i don't mind being taught. Winston Churchill once said, "I am always ready to learn, bu i a not always willing to be taught." most of the time i can see where he comes from. but when it comes to this topic i want to be taught as much as i can take in. our teachers here are great. they know how to make it fun and spiritual. they teach so well and they make you want to be the best missionary ever.

I never knew that the Lord could make you grow soooo much just in 2 weeks. but he has. I know that this work is the greatest thing ever. I know this is where i am suppose to be. I know that this church is true and i know that God is preparing people right now to here my message. 

I love you all. 

Elder Thayne

-- 
May the Lord be with you, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment