Monday, February 27, 2017

My First Wedding

So this last week we have seen a lot of opposition but so many blessings at the same time. You are probably wondering why I am talking about my wedding. Well it wasn't really my wedding it was my buddies wedding. He has been wanting to get married and when he gets married he can get Baptized as well, but the law was stopping them for a while. They couldn't get marrieds for 2 years and then suddenly they were told they could get married but only if it was within 2 weeks so they through a wedding together as fast as possible. It turned out to be amazing. it was small and very few people were invited but they wanted us to come! It was really special. They had been looking forward to this for so long and finally it came. He seemed so happy.

On Sunday we had the Zone Leaders drive up to interview him. He passed with Flying colors. He is going to be one of the rocks in the ward. He is always talking about doing service and helping out at church. He will be such a strength to the Falkirk Branch

We Also went on Exchanges with the Zone Leaders this week in Edinburgh. It was splendid. It was the first time I was really teaching some chinees people and I realized I really need to teach simply. 

Also we have been teaching Bethan. Her brother had gotten into a car crash last Monday and the doctors suggested to put him into a medically induced coma. We told the branch and they have all been praying for him. Then a miracle happened. He has almost fully recovered and he is walking and talking now. It is amazing to see what the power of prayer can do. We taught Bethan on Saturday and she said she is really excited for her baptism on the 11th of March. Pray for her that she will be able to make that date. 

Life is good. I love the mission. I love prayer. I have really found that God is my most trusted confidant. I can tell him anything and he wont judge me. He is so helpful, he really is. This church is true!

Elder Thayne

No comments:

Post a Comment