Monday, February 20, 2017

Miracle After Miracle

So we have been really busy lately which is awesome. I have been seeing miracle after miracle this last week. We decided we wanted to really be sanctified my last 3 weeks of my mission and see what will happen. So on Thursday we had a interview with president. This is my final interview with him. Let me just tell you that I love this man. I look up to him so much. He has helped me so much on this mission. I know that I was called to the Scotland Ireland mission, partly, because of his leadership. I am really going to miss him. 

Friday we GQ'd a guy that use to know some of the members that I knew in Dunfermline. The way he introduced himself to me was by calling me a Muppet. All I had to ask him was, "am I a muppet or am I a man?" haha he is awesome, he never takes anything seriously.He said he never got baptized because he was scared of water. We asked him if he want's to be baptized now and he said yes right on the street. We taught him and he will be baptized in 3 weeks. He doesn't have any legs so there will have to be 2 people in the font to baptize him. His name is Alister and he is a legend.

We found out that a man, Sebastian, that has been investigating the church forever is finally able to be baptized because his wedding is going through. He wanted to be baptized the day after the wedding but his wife said he should wait a week. I think he should enjoy his honey moon as well. When he gets back we will help him get baptized. 

We started to teach another girl named Bethan on friday and she said as we taught her she felt a warmth in her chest. We invited her to church and she came!!! She was being told so much about the Holy Ghost the whole time we were there. One of the ladies asked her how she felt and again, she described it as warm. She loved church and she turned to me later that day and said she is excited for her baptism. Keep her in your prayers because as we were teaching her today she got a call and she found out her brother is in the hospital because he was just in a car crash. So actually keep her and her brother in your prayers.

Life is good this week. I do want to share one more experience. He had a bunch of the "cool kids in town" making fun of us and telling us we were brainwashed this week. we paid them no heed. Later we saw one of the kids named Kai. He asked if anybody believed us and we told him they do. He said, "how can you show people he is there? he doesn't exist." we told him we could show him. He didn't believe us but we poked at his pride and said he would never know unless he sat down with us for 20 minutes. He said ok so we went into McDonald's. He was telling all of his friends he is going to prove us wrong and he kept saying things like, "Lets get this over-with." So he was pretty cocky. We sat down and taught him and it was one of those extremely powerful lessons about faith and about Gods love for him. He couldn't argue with us and at the end he said, "you know I never thought I would believe in God, but since we've been talking I know that he is there." it was so powerful! Later that day he brought all of his friends up to us and he told me that they didn't believe in God. They were all telling me to show them then Kai told them they would need to sit down with us for 20 minutes inside McDonalds and learn. It was awesome!! Kai was testifying along side us. He was using the analogies about faith that I taught him as he taught his friends. I would then give him a wink. It was a great experiance!

The Church is true. I love God and Jesus is my friend.

Elder Thayne

No comments:

Post a Comment