Monday, September 12, 2016

Arm of flesh...or arm of GOD?

So this last week has been awesome. I have loved it. It has had ups and downs. We have been working are and trying to go on splits so we can get more done in a week. I think Sunday will put the cherry on top for this story.

Yesterday we were on splits and I was with Alex Jackson, a recent convert of five months. We had just come from the Eastkilbride ward and got dropped off in Hamilton. We were walking up to Hamilton town center. I was telling him how we aren't allowed to watch movies as missionaries. Apparently someone over heard us and started to follow us for 15 minutes until we came to the place where our appointments was being held. after waiting for our potential for five or so minutes, this person that was following us got up the courage and came from around the corner to talk to us. I thought he wanted to bash at first but he was full of sincerity. He told us how he over heard us talking about how missionaries don't watch movies and for some reason that inspired him. His name is William. He was on his way to buy a bible when he over heard us. We asked William if we could sit down. We talked to him and he shared about his history. The Lady we were waiting for never showed, but we were able to set William with a baptismal date for the 30th of September. He now has a Book of Mormon. He is looking forward to us meeting with him on Wednesday. As he was walking away he said, "You will be there, right? I am going to hold you to that." I have always dreamed of someone I could teach that would hold me to my commitments. 

Please pray for him he is such a good guy. 

Sorry no time today. Pray for Paul as well. Pray for the Eastkilbride and Motherwell Wards. I love this work.

Elder Thayne



So this is a park.


Me Ethan, Nathan, Braden and Bishop smith. (Motherwell Bishop) 


Sweet sunrise this morning. (no filter on the camera)

No comments:

Post a Comment