Monday, September 19, 2016

Lead Hills

So this week has been pretty interesting. It has had really high points and really low points. It has had a lot of funny points also. The problem is whenever I try to think of the funny points so I can tell yous I can never remember them. Lots of them you would just have to be there. 

Elder Agafonov and I were on the train back from Glasgow when we got a call from a random guy named James asking for a Book of Mormon. It was awesome. We went to his place and while we were teaching him he said. "I am christian and everything but I think that I need to be Baptized. Do Mormons do Baptisms?" haha Yeah we do. So everything was going really well, sadly he wasn't able to make it to Church but we will continue to help him. pray for him.

Sadly William, the miracle from last week dropped us like a bag of rocks. Turns out he was in a mental hospital and when we tried to go there they kicked us out because they thought we were more mental than the people in there. 

Our guy, Paul, who was progressing really well also dropped us. So we have had some discouragement this week but that is ok because we aren't discouraged. If we fail to get a baptism for a month or 2 why should I worry? Let Satan worry, he is the guy who is going to be paying for it later on. As long as we are faithful we will never fail. I know that for a fact. 

We had a couple connections this week that linked back to my time in Dunfermline. We visited Jean Black in East Kilbride and it turns out that her sons family is the only family in Glenrothes that I know because I ate at their house while on exchanges while I was the District Leader there. This Sunday the McDonalds came from Dunfermline and I just saw them in church. They came a brought me a big bag of food. I love those guys. They are great members and awesome missionaries.

Shout out to Afton who turned 15. She will be getting her Permit soon. Grayson turned 18 last week as well. It is  crazy how grown up they are. Hope you guys had great Birthdays. I love you both.

We were able to hang out a bit this week with Alex Jacksons family. We went to the Lead Hills on Monday for P-day and we did some Garden work on Saturday. I think we are becoming good friends. They are an awesome family and want what is best for Alex. I think they like the Mormons now, when before they didn't know much about us except what they heard from neighbors. 

Sorry this email is messy and it doesn't have much format. But I want you all to know that I love this work. I love sharing the gospel. I seek for the times when I can boldly declare my testimony even when people take me to be a thing of naught. I am so chuffed (proud) of the gospel I declare. I love the restoration and what it has done for the world. I know Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. I know that Jesus Christ suffered for my sins and he rose from the grave so that someday I can as well. I love you all. I hope you have a great week. Keep it real.

Elder Thayne

As you wish stunt (from Princess Bride Movie)



So these are pictures from last P-day. We went to the Lead Hills. 

Fresh water stream. it is so clean you can just drink it.



There is a ancient sheep hold. 


No comments:

Post a Comment