Monday, March 28, 2016

Time

So to be honest I just wrote a long inspirational speech that I was going to have you all read to Hans Zimmer's song, Time...then I read it without the music and it was the cheesiest thing you've ever heard haha. I am no King Theoden, or Brave heart, Lincoln, Aragorn, Saul Paul, or Jeffery R Holland. But I will share with you a good Winston Churchill Quote, "Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that...for a thousand years, men will still say, 'this was their finest hour'" He is a pretty cool guy.

Well not much has happened this week. We were able to have a Joint teach where the spirit definitely directed the lesson. It turned out that for some reason we did sound inspirational just like those great men I mentioned above. I can tell you that it was inspirational because it was inspiration. We were following the spirit and we just said when he told us to say. It is probably the best feeling to know that you just did what the Lord wants you to do. 

I love this gospel. I know that we are guided and we can receive his help in the good times and the bad times. Because of what Christ did for us 2000 years ago we can have that divine help. Providence is divine intervention. According to that definition I've seen providence in this work. I know that he wants to help all of his children. He has a plan for everyone of us and all we need to do is trust in his path and we will see when he intervenes in our lives. The greatest intervention of them all was the Atonement of Jesus Christ. He overcame the effects of the fall. He interrupted our path downwards, caught us and has lifted us up and will continue to lift us if we trust him. I know he is our savior. I am proud to be called a disciple of him. Love you all.

Elder Thayne

PS Happy easter :]

We did some service for the Lynch's building a net covering for their garden because
they have 6 inch slugs that are eating their vegetables. 




We went to the last part of Handel's Messiah with Kaitlyn. we were tuckered out. that music was slow at times.



No comments:

Post a Comment