Monday, March 7, 2016

Golden Questions

So this last week has been pretty crazy. I was in a trio for the first half. I stayed with Elder Reeder and Elder Brower in Glenrothes and Kirkcaldy. Tuesday we were able to go over to a born again couples house and they let us teach them. As we taught we told them about how they would know if what we are saying is true if they feel the spirit tell them it is true. We told them how we felt the spirit and asked them to pay attention to how they feel. As we shared the story of the first vision the spirit came really strong and we asked them how they feel and the wife said she felt a warmth in her chest and the husband said he felt a calm sensation. It was a great lesson. When we walked away from that we were doing heel clicks. 

That Wednesday was our P-day so we went and played squash. I didn't have any shoes so I did it barefoot. I still beat Elder Brower haha he was pretty mad. Later that night we traveled to Kirkcaldy to pick up my new companion Elder Flynn. 

Elder Flynn is Hilarious and he is a super hard worker. He was in his first area for almost 9 months. So this is a big change but he is happy to be here. (He's from California, oldest child, parents both born in the church.) The members are super good and we already have 5 dinner appointments this next week. 

Elder Flynn and I have been in the middle of the city talking to as many people as we can every day because we are really looking for new investigators. The missionaries don't have the best reputation here. We are determined to help people see who we really are though. When we go up to people in the street I try to make them smile and laugh before I start talking to them about the gospel. I found that it is working really well because if the gospel is brought up while they are in a good mood they will more likely listen to us. If you have ever seen the TV show Psych then you would know that they give each other some pretty funny nicknames while introducing themselves to people. Elder Flynn ad I have been introducing ourselves with funny nicknames like "lavender Goons, or Methuselah Honeysuckle." After they laugh we start telling them about the best thing they ever heard.

Life is good. I can't complain. I am so happy to be a disciple of christ. I can't imagine my life without my mission. It feels like this has always been part of it and it feels like it is my DESTINY to be here. haha I know it probably sounds cheesy but it is true. I am suppose to be here :] I love this gospel. I love my life. I love my family. I love my friends. I love my savior and I love my heavenly father :] Keep it real everyone.

Elder Thayne


Elder Reeder and me


Elder Brower


This is looking out from my bus station


Elder Flynn and me


1 comment:

  1. I'm Elder Flynn's Grammie! These amazing boys [men] will make an unbeatable pair. I'm looking forward to hearing more!

    ReplyDelete