Monday, March 14, 2016

I've Heard it Both Ways

So this week...It has been a week of missionary work that is for sure. Elder Flynn and I have been working extremely hard. It has been really fun just learning how to do things better and finding new ways to help people understand what we are all about. We have had 20 appointments set up with potentially new investigators and they all fell through except for 1. haha yeah it has been another one of those weeks. I feel bad because I am only ever telling you about how hard it is. While it is really hard. In all honestly I love it. I have never been more happy. I can't believe it sometimes. It just doesn't make sense how happy we are when everything, everything, everything goes wrong. I want to let you know that it is because of this gospel and because of the strength that it gives us. I have seen it sustain me when I feel like I am running as fast as I can. Sometimes I feel like I can't go any farther but the Lord will give me just enough endurance to go a little more, then a little more, then a little more. It is funny. It is funny because I trained on Patience in trial during district meeting this week. I am not going to shrink in my efforts here. This is probably my last transfer so I am going to sprint to the finnish.

This is one of the conversations we had with someone while GQing (street contacting)
Us : have you heard about Pluto?                                
Girl: What?....the planet?
Us: It's messed up right?
Moral of the Story. We can get potential if we are funny and personable, especially when you use a Gus line from psych. It was so funny. She thought it was pretty cool too. Finding can actually be really fun :]


The good news is we had 5 dinner appointments this week. I love the members of Dunfermline. It is so much fun to get to know and to work with them. We with the Lynch's on Tuesday. They are an awesome Family. Paul Lynch, the dad, use to be the bishop. Their oldest son, Jared, has cerebral palsy and so they always have to be with him. Jared is 25. They have 2 younger boys who are moved out now, but they have let one of their son's friends move in with them. They are such a christlike family-they do things the way that Jesus would do it if he were in their position.

On Wednesday we had Pizza with the ward mission leader before coordination. Brother Mlotkevich is a really sought after Chemist. He has developed a scent that africans will paint on their trees around their villages to keep Lions out. He is so smart and he plays the Bag Pipes! He takes care of his wife who has type 2 diabetes. 

Thursday we went over to Evelyn Brand who was baptized last year. She will be going to the temple this coming weekend, so she is really excited. Kaitlyn will be going down with her and she will be doing baptisms for the dead. I am so excited to see what she thinks about it :]

Friday we went over to the Marr's home. Charlie (the dad) married a canadian, Tasha. They had 3 kids. the 2 boys are twins, Charles and Alex. Georgia is their 8 year old daughter. I love this family so much. It was so fun to get to know them. They are the biggest foot ball (soccer) fans ever. They ask themselves a question before everything they do, "does this make me a better football player?" It is pretty funny. 

We then went to the Mlotkevich's again for saturday dinner and the sisters were there. We found out that Sister Hinck was just diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. We all felt pretty bad ,but she was super positive about it. 

We are trying to work really close with the members here. This last week has been a really good week with building the members trust in us. I am positive that the way that we are going to see more success here in Dunfermline and throughout the world is through member missionary work. I would like to strongly encourage you to look for missionary moments and write them down. as missionaries we give investigators baptismal calendars. It is a measuring stick and a goal. It gives them a time bound focus to accomplish something. I would like to ask you to have a missionary calendar and create your own goals that are time bound. Then covenant with the Lord to do you part. 


 I know that this church is true. I love Scotland. I am a Scot and no one can convince me I'm not. See you all later. :]

Elder Thayne

P Day at the Abbey, where Robert the Bruce is buried









District: Sister Pennock, Elder Brower, Sister Hinck, Elder Flynn, Elder Reeder, Elder Thayne
  

Another Snake


The High Street in Dunfermline







No comments:

Post a Comment