Monday, November 23, 2015

Work till ya drop

I have never been more tired on my mission. We are working hard but it is just so different trying to adjust. It gets dark at 4 over here. it is crazy!! we are always working in the dark. haha it is pretty great. Hey it builds character. 

So we had a Scotland East conference and it was amazing. We learned so much and were so inspired. I got to see a lot of friends that left the Belfast Zone before me. 

To be honest there is not much that happened so I will tell you about this one story. We went back to Daniel Paterson, The 83 year old atheist. and he let us in. He remembered we liked Hot chocolate so he bought some for us and had it ready when we got there. We asked him how he was doing and he said, "not so well, I have had a stroke" He had a stroke the day we left and we knocked on his door the day after he got back from the Hospital. He told us he thought that he was dying. He told us that it was a warning to him to put his will together. He was looking at us like there was something more too it though. I can guarantee he thought about meeting God. I can guarantee that he thought it was interesting how we came over right before he had the stroke and right after. He is scared and he doesn't know what to do. He doesn't want to die and have there be nothing after but he is scared for some reason. We are going to work with him and he will accept the gospel when he realizes that this is what he needs to do to have peace for the remainder of this life and rest in the next. Keep him in your prayers he will need them.

This week I have had a humbling experience within leadership. I wont get into the details of it, but it makes me take a couple steps back and evaluate myself. I want to be the best ME there is. I don't want to settle into a comfortable place. I love the atonement because it does exactly that. It will help us move forward from who we once were. Daily use of the atonement will clean us and will enable us with strength. I love this gospel. I know it is true because I have tried it out myself. I hope you all use the atonement daily. It is the best thing to do every night. Look at Alma 37:37. It will make you wake up so refreshed with a happy expectation that the Holy Ghost will be your companion the entire day.

I hope you all have a great week. Keep your chin up.

Elder Thayne

No comments:

Post a Comment