Monday, November 30, 2015

Exchange Miracles

I found my street.  A little different spelling but who cares. 
They always called me Elder Tayne in Ireland anway. 

So this last week I have gone on 4 exchanges it is crazy but it needs to be done haha. On our exchanges we seem to have found a ton of success. I was in the Glenrothes area and we found a ton of people and were able to get some new investigators. it was a great day for Elder Powell and Elder Reeder in Dunfermline as well. They found a girl named Kaitlyn who is really into learning about religion. Thursday we were able to teach her about the Restoration and she felt the spirit so strong she said she felt a drilling. it was weird but it made her want to be a better person. She said she will do everything she needs to to know if it is true. She has been reading, praying, she came to church and she has quit smoking. it is amazing to see how prepared she is.


We were also able to have 2 thanksgiving meals on thanksgiving so we were more stuffed than the turkey's that we ate. Man everyone suddenly looks so thin it is weird. 
I then went on an exchange with Elder Tulip on Friday. Elder Tulip is from England and he had to change missions from the London south mission to the Scotland Ireland mission because he kept accidentally seeing his family haha. He is a great Elder and he works with so much love. I learned a lot about telling people how important they are to God. If you think about it he sees us as the most important thing ever. He would do anything for us. He has sent us missionaries out to tell people how much he loves them. Love will break down the walls of hate and misunderstanding. I often think about the great examples of love that I have had in my life and it is hard to think of someone who loves me more than they do. I just hope I can help people see how much they really are loved.
On Saturday I went on an exchange with Elder Neideck. He is our Zone leader and he is from Germany. He use to be the Assistant to the president. He is one of the best missionaries ever. He is so obedient. We went over to Daniel's house and we were able to talk to him about God. As we talked about Gods love and his plan for him the spirit was so strong. Daniel has rejected our offer to read the Book of Mormon 2 times but this time there was no doubt that he felt the spirit. He told us he envied us for our faith. I then told him that it was not a coincidence that we knocked on his door the same day he had a stroke and we came back the day he came back from the hospital. He knew that there was something there. It was one of the greatest experiences I have had on my mission. He took the Book of Mormon and told us he would read it and pray to come to know if it is true. I love Daniel so much. It is amazing how God has blessed us to meet this amazing man. I just hope that he accepts this great Gospel.
I know that what we are doing is true and I am so happy to be part of it. I just hope I can help people. Just so you all know, my brother, Elder Mitchell Ryan Thayne, has finished his great mission in South Africa cape town mission. He has been a great missionary and a great example to me. I would not be where I am today without him. He will be home for his first Christmas in 2 years in Lehi Utah. I hope that all of you have had a great week. I love you.
Elder Thayne

So I have had my first snow in Scotland. 

Check out my kilt.

Elder Powell and I have gotten pretty good at throwing cards at each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment