Monday, November 16, 2015

Dumfernline for days

Ok this place is crazy awesome. I am stoked to be here because; my companion, Elder Powell, is a stud, the ward is awesome and the shower in my flat is pretty nice.

I said goodbye to everyone in Ireland and that was really fun/sad because I made so many great friends  while I served there. I am going to miss them, especially Elder Plewe, but I am so pumped for my new assignment.

I took a train to the ferry, a ferry to a bus, and a bus to a car to get to Dunfermline. Scotland I took every mode of transportation :] but I made it. When I got there I found out that we are dropping our only investigator but that is fine because with this fresh start we are going to get so much work done. We are going to see great things in this area. I have had a dinner appointment every day I have been here so far so that is great. The members here are awesome and their accent is so much fun to listen to. Hopefully I will be able to show you all when I get home. In this ward there are 2 sets of missionaries so it was kind of weird to see more missionaries at church.

One day we were chapping in the rain and this old guy came to the door. It was a normal conversation where he said he was atheist and told us to leave. I accidently said, "Let us in." There was an awkward pause and he said we need to come in and get warm. So we did. We talked to him about religion and he kept trying to reassure us that he is atheist but I think he was reassuring himself because he kept telling us he hopes there is a life after death and that he loves to see are faith. We were like "you can have all of that." sometimes it is frustrating. But he really liked us so he invited us back. We are praying his heart will be softened.  If he gets Baptized he would be the perfect voice announcer for General conference cause it sounds like he could narrate someones life.

yesterday we were able to give a recent convert a blessing. It was pretty cool. We then went to try by an Excommunicated member. He said he fell away from the church because he started to get bored of what people would talk about. Now he doesn't even believe in God. I remember when I was young I got pretty bored at church to. But I got bored because I never did the daily things so I wouldn't learn anything new  because I wasn't even trying. I think this is what happened to him and now he doesn't know where to turn. Doing the simple things like praying and reading the book of mormon are so crucial. It really does bring safety for the soul. 

Well I know that this church is true. The Lord is doing a marvelous work and a wonder. I love Scotland and I will see you later.

Elder Thayne


Saying bye to Elder Plewe 

Saying bye to Elder Stanley


My new Shower


Kitchen 


Saying Hi to Elder Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment