Monday, November 9, 2015

I'm Not a Greenie Anymore!

Good news I am not a greenie any more. I am leaving Portadown. I will miss it so much because I have come to know and love the people so much. The Portadown ward is amazing. they are the ones that helped me out when I first started my mission life. I have been here for 7 1/2 months. I am definitely leaving some good friends here. like Brother Donelly and his famous meals, Pedro Martins the best member missionary in the world, the crazy fun Keery's, Sis. Julie MacNally and Lynda Ross, Bishop Moss and everyone else. 

Elder Plewe will be staying here with an Elder White (former zone leader). I will be going to Dunfermline in Scotland. It is in the Dundee Zone. I will be follow up training Elder Powelle from Rexburg, Idaho who I hear is a beast. I will be the District leader to my Old Zone leader, which will kind of be weird haha. I am leaving but I am going to try to love this next place even more than I loved Portadown, which is hard to do but I am up for the challenge. 

This last week I wanted to leave with a bang. But in the end the lord had something else in mind. around 17 joint teaches fell through and it was just one of those weeks. It was pretty hard, but we know that we can expect those every once in a while. The good news, though, is that the elder coming in has so much to look forward to. with Elder Whites experience, he will be able to get so much done.

Our stake conference yesterday was held in the Ulster hall. The Ulster hall was built sometime in the 18 hundreds. It was pretty great because we had 780 people out at it. Our ward took the bus up to Belfast and it was just a party the whole way. 

I am definitely going to miss this place but I know that Scotland will be great. I missed Elder Holland when he came to Scotland and  I might be missing Elder Ballard when he comes to Ireland but that is ok. I will just pretend I got to shake there hands. 

Well I know that this church is true and I know that there are miracles happening every day. The second harvest is coming. Anyway, I love you.

Elder Thayne


These are just some of the families and people that I will miss a ton from Portadown :]


Brother Donnelly and I in front of his farm sign.


The Gilmor's: Me, Stephan, Robert, Helen, Sister Gilmore.


The Keery's: Mathew, Stephan, Jonas, Clair, Me, Lucy, Holly and Jacob


The Monroe's: Me (holding pip), Brian, Emily, Catherine, Lillian and Allison


The Martins': Me, Pedro, Denise, Joyce, Sylvia and Petra

No comments:

Post a Comment