Thursday, October 29, 2015

Belfast Blitz Take 2

So this last week was miraculous. as a zone we tested the Promises of God and we got together to do another Belfast Blitz. We had 2 white boarding stations in Belfast. One at the University and one in city center. As a Zone we prayed for 220 potential investigators to be found and we got to work with giant smiles on our faces even though it was raining.

I was with Elder Reeder for the Blitz. He is from South Africa. We talked to as many people as we could. It was a great to see how another Elder worked. There was this one time that we were talking to this guy from Nigeria and we were telling him about the book of Mormon. He snatched it out of my hand and then looked at me as if to say sorry then he said, "can I keep this?" haha he was awesome! He started to read it as we were walking away :] there was so many experiances like that for everyone at the blitz. In the end we got 225 potentials as a zone. It was amazing because we tested the Promises of God and we reached our goal. 

There was other good new this week as well. We were able to teach Christian Barona. We taught him the restoration but his little brother Kalum was so loud it was hard for everyone to listen. Luckily he was quiet enough at a point for the spirit to come and we were able to commit him to Baptism.!!! He is already converted to coming to church and young mens because it is fun but hopefully he will see that there is more to it.

This Sunday we wend over Honorio's house. He is someone we chapped into. right when we met him we knew that there was something special about him. His whole family is so ready... dah it is so exciting haha. Anyway, we started to teach him and his Brother the Plan of Salvation. Both Elder Plewe and I could tell that the spirit wasn't there and we weren't suppose to teach that lesson yet.  So we started to pray in our hearts. Honorio then just jumped in and told us that he and been in the house for 2 minutes before we knocked on the door and he had an impression that he needed to pray with us. When he told us that we through our lesson and the window and we all got on our knees to pray. It was a great experience as we all took turns praying for him. We got up and we had the impression to talk about the Book of Mormon. We read the first chapter with them and then they were hooked. We jumped to Alma 32 and they got real excited. Then we hit moroni's promise and the spirit was so strong. It was testifying to us all that the Book was True. Elder Plewe knew exactly what to do. He set up the invitation for Baptism perfectly and they both said they would be Baptized on the 21st of November. It was a great experiance and I will never forget it.

Sadly I won't be able to see any of these people enter the waters of Baptism, because I am probably leaving after this transfer. But that is ok because the Elder that will be coming in will be able to come in on a good note. I wouldn't mind if I stayed in this area for 9 months though. I love it :]

I know that this church is true. The more I study and the more I pray the more I see and feel of it's truthfulness. It is the only way to happiness. There isn't very many black and white things out in the world, but the fruit of the gospel is one of them. It is the only way to being happy about your life and happy about yourself. I love you all. I hope you know how blessed you are.

Elder Thayne


Belfast Blitz with the whole zone


Singing hymns


Asking People to Write "What Makes You Happy?"




Beating the goal of 220 Potential Investigators by 5!


So I realized I didn't take any pictures this week so on the way to emailing I snapped a couple.

So there is west street
The bar/pub right by my flat
The bridge I cross every day...Yeah I am fat, aint it great?
The world on my shoulders 
And just a plain old Joe.






No comments:

Post a Comment