Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Expecting a Miracle

So this last week went extremely well. It was the first week of the new transfer so Elder Plewe and I wanted to hit it hard this week and then keep that goal as a launching pad for the coming weeks. We were able to teach a lot of lessons and able to get some new solid investigators. I can see my last transfer here being the best one :] and I am willing to put in the work for it to be the best one.

On Thursday after finishing up a day of finding we got to the church to do District leader study. I was praying for revilation on what our district needed. I got the impression that everyone including myself needed a boost of faith. This last General Conference talked a ton about faith and how it is Not by chance, it is by choice. The moral of the district wasn't  great to start off this transfer especially because of a lot of investigators dropping people and Baptisms falling through. I know that people could look at that and get into a bad rut. I really didn't want to get into this rut so I was praying and I opened up the Book of Mormon and it turned to Alma 16:16-17 And there was no inequality among them; the Lord did pour out his Spirit on all the face of the land to prepare the minds of the children of men, or to prepare their hearts to receive the word which should be taught among them at the time of his coming- That they might not be hardened against the word, that they might not be unbelieving, and go on to destruction, but that they might receive the word with joy, and as a branch be grafted into the true vine, that they might enter into the rest of the Lord their God. Boom that was so cool. I Got the feeling that 2 of our teams are going to Baptize this Transfer! I know this can happen because God told me it can. So I am expecting a Miracle as I do my Part.

We are still working with Ana Barona which is great. Her family is amazing. I think that her son Christian will be Baptized because of the preparation that I have seen in his life. After hearing his Mom talk about her story and about her son, It would take effort to doubt. 

I love this work. I love being on a mission. I am letting you know now that these next  5 weeks are going to be filled with miracles so stay tuned if you want to read about how the hand of the Lord is blessing the lives of so many.

Elder Thayne







This was a pretty high platform we were on. 


That is the big clock tower in Belfast. If you look closely you can tell it is leaning. 


Those are the Cranes that built the Titanic. They are massive.


and that is a random church.


With Sis. Julie McNally who gives us wonderful pictures and reports on their activities...she is the Primary President in the Portadown Ward.


Riding home after Single Adults Family Home Evening Group, with Elder Plewe.

No comments:

Post a Comment