Monday, May 9, 2016

Sunshine and Smiles

This last week has been so good. let me just take a minute to be grateful... woweee life is good my friends. This last week I was able to go to all Scotland where I got to see all of my companions that are still out on the mission. I was so stoked to see Elder Plewe. I trained Elder Plewe in Portadown and it was great. The training and the discussions were powerful and the spirit was there. I also go to see everyone in my group. It is the Only time that we will all be in the same place again so it was good to see everyone.

The Next day I got to go on exchanges with Elder Van Staden who is in my group. It was so much fun because he loves to do missionary work. He has a great gift at making people feel important. He doesn't make them feel bad about themselves when they do something wrong but he encourages them and makes them want to be better. He is a great missionary and I am happy I get to learn from him. 

On Saturday we were blessed enough to have the Baptism of Richard Owen. He is an amazing man with great faith. He is close to 60 years old and he is extremely smart. He has been all around the world. He said that he came back from Canada and these missionaries stopped him in the street. He said he was really busy so they just kept in contact with him. They were constantly trying to set appointments up with him and then it finally worked on day. He said that the biggest factor was that they were persistent. "Persistence is the only thing that pays." President Thompson (Mission President's counsellor.) Richard has been really welcomed and he will provide a lot of strength to the ward.

Mothers day was fantastic. I was able to go the Warks home where I Skyped my family. Man I sure do love my family. It was great seeing how they were doing and what everyone looks like :] Afterwords I was able to talk to Brother Wark about his mission. He was a great missionary in Canada. He said some things that I really needed to hear. It was great to see how the Lord will speak to us and tell us what we need to do through other people. 

I love this Gospel. I know that it is true. I know that the Book is Blue. Keep it real everyone. 

Elder Thayne

In response to Mom's letter:

Yeah that was so much fun being able to see the barn hahaha it looks so stinkin good. I can't believe I have missed all of the fun. haha wow I am proud to be a Thayne right now. sounds like you are still busy and still happy. That is great. I like your C.S. Lewis quote.  THat is good advice I am going to use it. ("Joy is the serious business of heaven.") Love you so much Mom. I will see you later.


Elder Thayne


Elder Olsen, Elder Arave, Elder Van Staden, Elder Stevens, Sister Butters, Elder Reece, Elder Kinville and me. (my group)


Elder Plewe and Me looking like a numpty


there was no room to sit down on the train ride back. Elder Magby is holding the camera.


Random sunset.


Elder Quinton's 5 minute chalking while filling up the font.



Elder Burgess, Me, Ryan Wark, Richard Owen, Elder Quinton

No comments:

Post a Comment