Monday, February 1, 2016

I've Got a Green Horn

So this last week has been great. there has been so much I don't know where to start. I will first start with the District meeting we had. It was great because we have 2 Missionaries that are going home this transfer so this was there last District meeting. When Missionaries are about to go home we refer to them as if they were dying, so it was only appropriate to have a funeral for them. We had a the normal training and we talked about being happy while doing this work.

Then we had the two missionaries that were dying, Elder Beckstrand and Sister Stewart, give us their last words of advice. It was really powerful. They both talked about the lessons that they learned while on the mission. The 3 things that I got out of it was:

1) BE HAPPY, we are here to have joy. We are suppose to be happy. We are suppose to show how this gospel has made us happy. Even if you have to fake it till you make it, do it.
2) BE GENUINE, the Lord has called you to where you need to be. People can tell if you are fake so just be yourself.
3) BE LOVING, this is the greatest quality that we can develop while in this life. If we have everything going for us but we don't have charity than we are nothing. As we love it will improve every part of our life. 
After their words we had a Eulogy and we had a district lunch. it was a great meeting.

I was able to go on a couple exchanges outside of my area this week. I first went to Kirkcaldy with Elder Van Buyten for a day. I was able to meet one of the people that he was working with. This guy he is working with is like no one you would have ever met. It is funny how the gospel is for everyone and every kind of personality.

The next day I went to Dundee with the Zone leaders. I went with Elder Salinas who is from Mexico...WOW he is so amazing. He has so much trust in the power and authority of his calling. He is so Bold with people they will just stop and listen to this 5 foot 4 Mexican tell them how to come closer to God. There are a lot of lessons to be learned from your leaders :]

This week was the week before moves call so Elder Powell and I were determined to make this a great week because we both suspected he would be leaving after 6 months here. We worked as hard as we could and we did not let up. It was so exhausting but we knew we would be blessed from it. On Sunday night we had been Chapping in the Rain for 6 hours when we got the call from the Assistants to the president. They told Elder Powell he will be going to Paisley and I will be staying to Train a new Elder. I am honestly not that great at training. don't give great instruction. I was pretty nervous but I am so Excited. I loved training the first time so I am going to make sure I love it the second time. I am just praying that the Lord will help both of us. The Dunfermline Area has just got rid of a greeny and now it is getting another. I don't mind though. I love the new guys.

Well I will talk to yous next week. Go out and serve your fellow man. Love ya.

Elder Thayne


No comments:

Post a Comment