Monday, January 25, 2016

Haggis Neeps Tatties

So this last week has been pretty uneventful. I would tell you about how many steps I took this week but I am afraid you would fall asleep from exhaustion by me telling you. It has been a good week though.

I was able to go on exchanges with my old Zone leader and talk to him about a lot of stuff. Elder Beckstrand is a beast I am happy I was able to learn from him, he has taught me a ton.

Saturday night the ward celebrated something that they call burns night. It is where they read poetry, eat Haggis (sheep stomach) Neeps (Turnips) and Tatties (potatoes). It was really fun because we were able to see traditional scottish dancing. 

My mom is probably going to kill me for not saying much but I want to leave this one with my testimony. I have been studying really hard and working really hard. I have been receiving answers to prayers lately. Revelation is something huge on the mission and you need to be guided by it. Sometimes it is hard to understand if you are receiving revelation or if it is just you. It is a question I have dealt with most of my life. As I have been out here I have been able to find out how the Holy Spirit talk to me. It is something that everyone is entitled to. Missionaries are not the only ones that have the opportunity to receive answers to prayers. Everyone can have an experience where God communicates back to them. This testimony has really been strengthened these past couple weeks because it is the most I have ever prayed. I need Gods strength while out here. 

I love my mission. It is the best thing I have ever done. I would not trade this for the world. I am grateful for my companion. I am just happy to be here. Love you all. Keep it real.

Elder Thayne


This was at the Burns Night.


The guy wearing a blue kilt is an olymic gold medalist for the 400 yard sprint. 
haha he is super cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment