Monday, August 17, 2015

Thought They Got Rid of Me

So this week is moves week. I am staying in Portadown for my 4 transfer, but I am totally ok with that because I love Portadown. Elder Fassold is leaving and I am getting a great companion. I forgot his name so I will just have to tell you next time.


This last week we have done a lot of finding. we have also done a lot of teaching but whenever we were teaching it seemed like none of the members could come with us so when we were teaching a Sister then we would have to teach them out in there front Garden. We were able to teach Lena again. Pedro came with us but he brought his Baby Girl, Petra. She is the cutest little baby but she was crying the whole time so we weren't really able to have the same caliber of lesson that we had the time before.


This last Saturday we had a Ward BBQ and Pedro had 6 of his non member friends there. Seriously Pedro is a brilliant member missionary. When Elder Fassold and I got there all of the nonmembers looked pretty stiff and uncomfortable because they didn't speak English so they couldn't talk to anyone. So I went up to them with a soccer ball and taught them the game of Kill. That is where you have to juggle the soccer ball in a big group of people till you have juggled it 5 times then you have to grab it and throw it at someone. These Portuguese guys loved. they started to feel more comfortable and we all just started talking. 3 of them are going to be coming to church this next Sunday so that is going to be cool.

On moves call day I was surprisingly not that nervous. I had a feeling I was going to be staying in Portadown. I got the call from Elder Neidich (AP) and he told me I will be staying. Elder Fassold is now going to Omagh and that is probably going to be his last area. One bummer about this call is they are taking away our car and giving it to someone else, who honestly don't need it, but it doesn't matter. We have investigators that are pretty far away but the Lord will provide. I have faith that this was suppose to happen and it will be really beneficial.

Our new Mission President has turned this mission upside down. He is changing everything with 16 area's getting white washed. Its sounds crazy but I know that he is inspired. He has a great vision for our mission. I love President Donaldson because he is passionate and bold and he will pump up even the trunkiest missionary.


Anyway, I love you all. I know that this church is true. I have found so much peace in reading the scriptures especially the book of Mormon every day. This is the greatest time of my life.

Elder Thayne





I went to New Castle for P-day with Bishop Phillip Moss and his wife Christine. it is beautiful. We went sight seeing and got the most amazing home made ice cream. 



The Lake, Lough Brikland, is where the first baptism in all of Ireland took place. 
Pretty cool.



Knocking on a cinderblock door.  This was a very dodgy area.

No comments:

Post a Comment