Monday, August 24, 2015

Edinburgh

So this last week has been great :] Elder Blosil, Elder Stanley and I flew out to Edinburgh  Scotland to pick up our new companions. So now our entire district is training.

 When we got to Edinburgh we were told how great of a responsibility we have now that we are training. they told us that we need to set the tone and the pace for these missionaries that are coming in. I got really scared haha. I don't know why the Lord called me to do this but he did. I know that I would never be able to do this. I wouldn't be able to train a new missionary even if I was at the end of my mission. The only way that I will ever be able to help this new missionary out is if I get the Lords help. Before we were assigned our companion I read Ether 12:27 my favorite scripture, "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." I know that I would never be able to do this task on my own but I have faith that the Lord can. We were all sitting in the chapel when they called the companionship's. I was so stoked, I got called to be Elder Plewe's Companion. He is an incredible guy. I am so glad I am serving with him He is going to be a brilliant missionary. He is from Spanish Fork and he turned 18 in July. He is fresh out of high school and ready to work.

So we have only been in our area for Saturday and Sunday last week. I also had to stay in Edinburgh for new leadership training. But Sunday was awesome. Elder Plewe's very first sunday in the mission he was able to help fill up the Baptismal font for Mathew Keery. We told Elder Plewe that he will have to get use to this because he will be Baptizing a lot. We then did some missionary work after the service then had a dinner appointment with Pedro and his family...Man I love the Portadown ward, I am so glad I am staying for another 3 months. I think our area is really ready for growth. there is so much potential I think we will be having 2 more Baptisms by November!

The focus for our district this Transfer is member missionary work. I want to make sure that I work the members as best as I can. I have gotten a lot of advice from my older Brother Elder Mitchell Ryan Thayne about how to get the members pumped about missionary work. I think I will try to get everyone in the District to take some of his advice to heart and try it out in the wards they are serving in. I know that member missionary work is so important because both of the Baptisms that have happened since I have been here are because of member missionary work. Pedro is the best Member missionary I have ever seen. He is amazing, cause he is always bringing up the gospel in his daily life. he lives his religion and he is constantly inviting people to hear the great message of the restoration. He is the model member missionary. The Portadown ward is so lucky he moved here a year ago.

Something that would be great for you all to do is to bring up the gospel in conversation as much as you can. When people see how you are talking about it and see your excitement for it they will want to know more. You will help out the missionaries in your ward so much and they will love you. So try this out and see how it helps you and those who are in your life.

I love you all and I know that this church is true. I am so happy to be serving in my dream mission. much like McDonald's....I'm loving it!

Elder Thayne


Elders Talmage Thayne and Taylor Plewe of Spanish Fork, UT



Another 12 weeks in beautiful Northern Ireland!

No comments:

Post a Comment