Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Bonfire

So This last week has bee crazy...again, I feel like I say that every week but it is true. Elder Walters was able to say goodbye to most of the people in the ward, because he has been called to serve as the district leader in Sligo, Which is in the Republic of Ireland. He left on Wednesday and I just went on exchanges with Elder Blosil for the day in Belfast. That night we picked up our new companions at the bus station. I now have Elder Fassold as my new companion

He is from Heber city Utah and he is proud of it. He is a super funny redneck who was a huge wrestler, he was going all across the US wrestling for Utah and he ended up beating the number 1 wrestler, his weight, in the nation. So he is kind of a beast. He actually know some Thaynes in Altamont, Stacey Thayne. So I thought that was kind of cool. He has also gone on a date with Maddie Hyde so I was just laughing because it was such a small world.
We have been doing quite a bit of finding these last couple days because with the Baptisms we need to find new people to teach. We were suppose to teach Airisa yesterday but she called and said she didn't want to take the lessons anymore. she said that she had talked to some of her friends and they told her that we don't believe in Jesus. We were so crushed because she is such a good woman. I knew when we first taught her that she was special and that the Devil would try really hard to stop her from being Baptized. So I am not going to give up on her we are going to be going by her house and talking to her. I am sure that she will accept the Gospel but she just needs help. Just keep Airisa in your prayers because she really needs this right now. 
We had to stay in the flat all day on Monday. We couldn't leave because it was this huge holiday of independence here and everyone is drunk and crazy stuff like that. They had these giant bonfires that they lit on Friday. It was actually pretty cool to see how big they got. We had to go in early on Friday because we weren't allowed to be out while the bonfires were lit. 
It was a crazy week. ha, but we do have one constant, the gospel. I love the gospel because it provides security in an every changing world. It is truly an anchor for the soul (Ether 12). The Lords laws are clear and they are easy to understand. When we are 100% committed to living his law we will be confident and safe. It is easier to be 100% obedient than it is to be 99% obedient. I have noticed that this principle is true as I have been more and more obedient. I am still working on it, but I have seen an increase of blessings.
Anyway, I love you all and I hope that you all have a great day. Please pray for Airisa tonight. Talk to you all next week.
Elder Thayne

So this is me and Brother Donnelly outside of his farm. He has been taking a picture with everysingle missionary that has served there for the last 25 years in front of that sign.


That is me just sitting on a bear statue

giant bonfires


 My new companion Elder Fassold

No comments:

Post a Comment