Monday, June 8, 2015

Keep the Pace


So this last week was amazing and this next week has a lot of potential because of how we worked this week. We were able to have a successful week and we were spiritually fed. Elder Jeffery R. Holland came to are mission and spoke to everyone in a conference. sadly I wasn't able to meet him because he was in Scotland, but that is OK I still got to learn from him.

This Sunday we all went to the stake center to hear the conference that was being broadcast to the British isles and all the Scandinavian countries. The speakers were incredible. Elder Holland himself said this was the best broadcast he has ever heard. The spirit was so strong. my favorite speaker besides Elder Holland was the stake president from Edinburgh. He spoke about the rescue at Dunkirk.  He paralleled it to how we are part of the greatest rescue mission that has ever accured in history. at Dunkirk everything had to be used. Winston Churchill asked for volunteers to help rescue some of the ally troops who were stranded on the beach. So along with great battle ships coming to the rescue of the exhausted soldiers; you could see fishing boat's, pleasure yacht's  and all sorts of vessels that didn't seem qualified for this military campaign. 300,000 men where saved because of this mission and of those 300,000, one hundred thousand were saved by the small volunteer boats. He said that we need absolutely everyone we can get to help in this rescue effort; missionaries, home teachers, visiting teachers and friends. That talk was so powerful. Elder Holland started to cry during the stake presidents talk. Then Elder Holland stood up and he talked about the book of Mormon. His testimony is so powerful. I don't even want to attempt to write what he said because i think i would slaughter it. But it just made me realize how great of a message we have for people. this really encouraged me to talk to absolutely everyone about it.
In the mission if there is one thing that we don't need, it would be helpful parents. we have had so many chances to talk to younger people who really  wanted to learn, but then a parent would say no. This almost happened to one of our investigators this last week. James is a 25 year old musician. He is really sincere and he wants to learn more about Mormons and our culture. I called him to set up an appointment and he said that he didn't want to meet with us anymore. I was so sad, I just thought that we couldn't lose him. He said his mom told him to stop meeting with us. so I just told him that I know that this message can help him. That the book of Mormon is the word of God and he needed to read it. I told him if he didn't read it he could expect to feel lost for ever. So i was pretty Bold with him over the phone. Luckily I guess this tactic worked because we were able to meet with him again. He cam to the meeting with really good questions and really excited to read it. He told us he would read the whole book of Mormon and he said he wanted to come to Church. I was so happy. I know that the spirit of the Book of Mormon has touched his heart. 
Over all our whole week was really good. We were able to meet with most of our investigators and our lessons went really well. We have told them all what they need to do in order to progress towards Baptism. So I would really appreciate it is you all prayed for them and their needs.
Chris : He needs to have the courage to take the leap of faith and be Baptized. Simone: She needs to get marriedLynda: She needs to stop smokingJames: He needs a testimony of the Book of MormonEdna: She needs to find a new job so she can attend churchSemmy and Tatianna: They need to come to church
If you can keep them in your prayers that would be great. I know that this church is true. I know how powerful the Book of Mormon is in conversion. It has been strengthening me in my conversion everyday. I know that this is the way to happiness. And I testify that everyone is needed for this rescue. I would like to challenge all of you to find a missionary opportunity this week. The Lord will help you.
Love you all
Elder Thayne

Broken Umbrella, some doodles (mind the spelling) and me and Elder Walters in the Library.





No comments:

Post a Comment