Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Baptism!


I am writing on Tuesday because Monday was zone development. how do I start this letter. well this last week was awesome. We have been able to teach Jessica 3 times last week and she was Baptized on Friday. 3 days in a row we were teaching her with Brother McGee who is probably the best joint teach for her. He has a Grandpa presence about him and you could just hug this guy all day. Jessica doesn't have a father in the home so I think it was really important for Brother McGee to be there and show such an interest in her. All of the lessons went great and the spirit was so apparent. Pedro, the second councilor in the bishopric, came in when we were talking to her about the Baptismal interview and he said, "Do you feel that? I know the spirit is here and he is telling me you are a daughter of God." it was so powerful. He is just a small 5 foot four Portuguese man, but his spirit is a giant. Friday was her Baptism and it went great. I spoke on the Holy Ghost and Her friend spoke on Baptism. When she came out of the water she had the biggest smile on her face. It was an amazing experience.

I think the experience softened her sisters heart because she told us she would like to be baptized. Before this she didn't want to meet with us but now she is reading the Book of Mormon and she is coming to church. It is amazing what the spirit will do for people. It is also amazing how great of an example Jessica has been to her older Sisters. 
I can see so many opportunities to teach out here. there are so many prepared people in Northern Ireland I am just worried i will miss someone. The Lord has been preparing and will keep preparing people. When I meet someone that isn't interested I know that they aren't interested now but they are being prepared by the Lord. Their time will come.
This Monday we had Zone Development. It is pretty much when the entire zone gets together and plays games all day. It was a blast! I got to meet and get close to a lot of the other Elders. We also wrecked our bodies because we were playing football, Frisbee, american football and zombie tag from 12 till 7. It was great fun. 
We also had the all Ireland conference saying goodbye to president Brown and his wife. They are such great people and they love the missionaries so much. I just wish that I got to know them better before they left. oh well our next mission president seems amazing. I met him at the MTC and he just seems passionate about missionary work. He is going to be great. We will be meeting him, in Ireland, for the first time in 2 weeks.
Anyway, I love you all. Sorry I can't write to everyone. I really wish I could type at the speed of light so I could get to all of you, but it would appear my hyper drive needs maintenance. I hope you all have a great week.

Elder Thayne 

So this is the group I came out with at the all Ireland Conference. President Brown, Me and his wife (She is my mission mom so I am allowed to have my arm around her.) Then the best part about last week was Jessica's Baptism. Pedro is right there, You can see how short he is haha, but I love him.




No comments:

Post a Comment