Monday, May 18, 2015

Getting down to work‏

So this past week has been both amazing and sad. On Tuesday I was leading out the area with Elder Black who is a super obedient missionary. He is great. we pretty much had finding to do all day,(The usual day we tract or GQ for 3 to 4 hours). We ran into a ton of people who really needed the gospel in there lives. we got 5 return appointments which was miraculous.

The next morning, in my personal study, I was putting myself in my investigators shoes and studying what I think they need to know. I got this feeling that Vanessa (one of our Portuguese investigators) needed an invitation to be baptized. I kept getting the number 17 popping into my mind. I looked at the calender and June 17th didn't look right and May 17th was way to close. I saw the 30th of this month and that felt right, but i thought, "That has nothing to do with 17" after looking at it for a while i realized it was 17 days away from when we were going to teach her. It hit me that i just received revelation from the holly ghost telling me that she needs to be invited to baptism on a specific date. I know that if we are worthy and we are looking for revelation then the Lord will give it to us.
The sad part about the week was a lot of our appointments fell through. Oh well we will get them next time. It is just hard always having to communicate through a translator.
We had 4 investigators at church this Sunday which was great! We got to talk to them and see how they liked it and i think they all really enjoy it. Some of them have kids so i think that is hopeful in growing the wards youth because we only have 2 young men and 4 young women. We are actually losing the oldest boy, he is going on his mission to Canada!
Funny Story:
I was leading out the area on Friday morning with Elder Lauricella who is super funny and a hard worker, oh and he has the coolest middle name...wait for it...Strider! just like Aragorn from Lord of the Rings. anyway we went to mow the members lawn and he always feeds us after. so when we went inside to eat we found a giant plate of carrots, two giant plates of chips (fat fries), a pot of beans, a pot of corn, three eggs each, a huge head of broccoli, peas, and the backside of a cow. We were given a challenge that looked impossible. We never finished it all, but if Elder Lauricella had eaten his half then we would have. The moral of this story is we get fed well by the members.
Anyway, I love you all. Thank you for all of your letters! sorry i don't respond to them all I just don't have too much time. I hope you all know how much a appreciate you. 
I love this Gospel and I am learning so MUCH. It is funny how much i have used the atonement out here on the mission. I love it so much and every time I use it I gain a stronger testimony about it. I have so much to learn and a lot of times I feel amateur(which I am), but I know this Gospel and the Ordinances that we invite people to do are the only way to God. This is the Greatest work I have ever done.
Elder Thayne

 My Companion
 My Flat
My District

No comments:

Post a Comment