Monday, May 11, 2015

Aint no Place like home

The more that I'm out here the more it feels like home. I am doing pretty good at picking up the Irish accent, I am loving the people i am serving more and more, and my flat is looking more and more like my room. Just teasing we are keeping it pretty clean. 

This week I have had some good experiences while on exchanges. I was first on exchanges with Elder Stanley who is from England and we went tracting for 5 hours in the rain. It was tough but we got 6 potential investigators from it. We knocked on this one Polish guys door and he cam out and said he wasn't interested. We were persistent but he didn't budge. So we decided to move on. when we got to the end of the street I had the feeling that we needed to go back. Elder Stanley was encouraging and he went along with it. I had no idea what I was going to say but I knocked on his door. He came out and I just told him the truth. I said that I had the feeling that we needed to come back and tell him about this gospel. I had a strong feeling that he needed to hear it so I bore my testimony. He gave me the same answer he told us last time. Then Elder Stanley invited him to a sports day on Saturday where they would be playing football and volley-ball. He looked up fast and said "Volley-ball? I love volley-ball, but nobody plays it here in Ireland. I will try to come this Saturday but if I can't I will for sure be there next Saturday." That made my day. We were rejected but we followed the prompting of the spirit and he blessed us.
A lot of my time has been dedicated to tracting. When I was on exchanges with Elder Blossil, from Orem. We went tracting all day to. Something that Elder Blossil does that I really want to work on is persistence. He is so persistent, but he is never overbearing. He shows his love to them while he is being bold so they don't really have an excuse to be mad with him. We had so many discussions where someone would start off hostile and he would totally change their attitude. He would always lead the discussion back to the restoration. It was evident the spirit was there. 
When I went on exchanges with Elder Hatch we were able to go to a fireside that night where the secretary to the first presidency was speaking. He had been the First Presidency's secretary since Joseph Fielding Smith. He was amazing and really re-invigorated me. He gave great advice and he talked a lot about the sustaining of prophets. He bore his testimony about how they are the Lords mouth piece and how they hold the keys to run the Lords Church.
I would like to add my testimony on to his. I know that this is the Lords Church. Jesus Christ is at the Head of it and we do get direction from God through a Prophet. I know that following the Principle of Jesus Christ's gospel is the only way to happiness. I love this gospel and I know it is true.
Elder Thayne 

No comments:

Post a Comment