Monday, January 16, 2017

Been Watchin You

So this past week has been really good. We have been teaching lot of people lately. We have several part member Families we are working with. We are trying to build our investigator pool through the ward. With the spare time we are having we are really working hard to find people by our own efforts.

Just to update you all about Jack, he is doing great. We were able to teach him quite a bit this last week. We taught him a little about the stop smoking program. He is willing to do it. We were talking to him about it with a member and getting him pumped and then Bobby Mckee just said, "Jack, you need to decide." right then Jack grabbed all of the tobacco that he had and shoved it into my hands. haha it was awesome. He is really trying to do good. He loved church again and got to talk to a lot of people. I think he is enjoying having friends that wont push him to do stupid things.

I haven't been able to be back to the Thanes this last week but I will be visiting them this week. I will let you know how that goes. 

This week I was asked to give a talk because someone wasn't going to be there. I prepared a talk and it was looking good. Then on Saturday I decided I don't want to do it anymore. Sunday Morning came and I decided what I was going to do. I wanted to talk a little bit about being a disciple of Christ. I was surprized how well it went. I guess the spirit was really helping me out on that one. But I have been thinking a lot about it lately. We really become more like him when he is our focus. When we ask ourselves WWJD we are trying to focus on christ. If you have ever heard the country song, "Been Watchin You" It is about a 4 year old boy watching his dad. He says: 

"Cause I've been watching you, dad, ain't that cool?
I'm your buckaroo, I wanna be like you
And eat all my food, and grow as tall as you are
Then I'll be as strong as Superman
We'll be just alike, hey, won't we, dad?
When I can do everything you do
'Cause I've been watching you."

The way that we can become Disciples of Christ is through watching him and practicing. Then someday we will be like him. I know Jesus Christ loves us and his love is perfect just like our father in Heaven's love. I hope you all have a great. Keep up the good work.


Elder Thayne

This is the first real snow of the year. 

Me Elder Furko and Prince Tshabalala? (Not sure where this picture is!  Two pics of the snow.)


Elder Furko, Jack, Elder Thayne

No comments:

Post a Comment