Monday, October 17, 2016

Promise

This week was absolutely amazing. It started out with me last Monday going to the top of this tower. I felt the spirit really strongly. I was looking over Motherwell in the East and Hamilton in the West. I could even see to Craignuek in the south and Bellshill in the North. I felt, really strongly, that I needed to pray. I felt so good as I prayed. I know that God answers prayers. I had a renewed zeal about my work. I was ready to hit this week hard.

Tuesday we had several appointments made. Every appointment held! it was amazing. We got 3 new investigators just that day. They are solid. We went over to a members home thinking the husband was just less active but it turns out he is a nonmember. I will call them the Jefferson's to protect their identity. The Jefferson's remind me of an investigator I taught in Portadown, Chris Stevenson. He is an amazing man. He is a Scotsman who is into blacksmithing and he has a ponytail and a beard. This week Chris was Baptized in Portadown. I am so happy for him. I have been blessed to find out that 3 of the people that I had taught in Portadown have been Baptized: Chris Stevenson, Zach McTammy and Tatianna. 

anyway so that was great. Wednesday was amazing as well. All of our appointments fell through though. As we were finding we taught someone on the spot and taught a couple other lessons. That night we only had like 30 minutes after getting home from a members and we were looking at the street we had planned to chap (tract). It looked too far away. We decided to go to it because we had already planned for it. We saw a guy holding a hawk so I went up and started to talk to him about Falconry. I told him that my next door neighbor back home, Zach Fossum, was a falconer. He was pretty excited and we walked him home. He invited us in and we taught a lesson. The spirit was strong. I think his hawk even felt it.

Thursday was all Scotland and that was awesome. I got to see a lot of friends that I haven't seen in a long time. The rest of the week was full of miracles. There were so many I won't tell you them all. I am just so happy though. 

Just happy to be on the Lords Errand. "Shall we not go on in so great a cause?" I love you all. Sorry there are no pictures this week. Keep it real

Elder Thayne

No comments:

Post a Comment