Monday, October 24, 2016

Man vs. Food

So this week I have had some good food! Members here are awesome. Monday, chicken and tatties; Tuesday, 8 Hamburgers in 15 minutes; Saturday, spaghetti baloneys; Sunday, CafĂ© Rio sweet pork burritos!!! Some Americans made it for us :]

Tuesday night was great. Bishop was driving like fast and furious to get us to the train on time. We pulled in and saw the train pull away so he took us home haha. On the way though he received revelation about how he can increase the accountability of the ward and their missionary work. He said he would love to push it through the quorums so that way it wont seem self serving if we push it. Elder Agafonov and I were totally fine with that haha.

We had a great Lesson With Mark this week. We met him and the library and taught him the restoration. It was amazing because he felt the spirit so strongly. We had him read the Joseph Smith History about the first vision. Most of the time you just read it out of the pamphlet to leave out the part of Satan attacking Joseph, but for some reason we felt like he needed to read that part as well. As he read it he felt the spirit so strongly. He asked if he could have a picture of Joseph smith to put up in his house. He says, "If anyone comes in my house they always ask about my pictures. So when they ask about this picture I will be able to tell them the Joseph Smith Story." It was Powerfull.

Elder Agafonov was dressed up like the Brother of Jared because he was helping out with the primary book of Mormon hero that week. So he came in and told them about his story. He was totally going for it haha. He was super theatrical and excited. He got to the part where he was talking about the barges and the said, "They were shaped like unto a jar, and they were rounded like unto a jar and they were tight like unto a jar." All of the kids started laughing. I guess a jar and a dish are the same word in Russian. Oh man I love having a foreign companion it is so funny.

I love my life. I am so happy. I love my mission and I want to soak it all in. Please go share the gospel. You will feel so happy if you do.

Elder Thayne

(No pics.  Got a new camera but forgot the disc reader. :( )

No comments:

Post a Comment