Monday, April 18, 2016

I have always wanted to serve in a city!

Ok so I am in Aberdeen now. I have really liked it so far. My new companion is from Australia. He is 25, so he is an older missionary. He was a concept artist before he came out on the mission so he is really good at drawing. If you's want to look at his portfolio it is benqportfolio.com. he is a goof ball but he is really fun. I like serving with him. Oh yeah he met President Lew when he was the mission president in Australia.  

We are working with a lot of people right now. we are right next to the University so we teach a lot of students which is so much fun. We are teaching this guy named Victor and he is from Ukraine. He is the most humble and lovable guys I have ever met. He is getting Baptized this Saturday. 
We are also teaching a man named Richard and he is an older man. he works in oil and gas and he is really smart. He has studied the gospel and loves the church. He will be getting baptized in Saturday as well.
Philip is an African guy we are teaching. He is big into lifting weights. He has been investigating the gospel since September and he wants to be baptized now so he will be getting Baptized on the 7th of May.
Those are just some of the people that we are working with right now. I love how the gospel is for everyone. Everyone we teach is different but whoever it is the gospel can heal and improve everyone's lives. 

I haven't met much of the ward yet because this last week was stake conference. I have been able to have  2 dinner appointments though. I have met the Leonard's who are a young couple who both served missions. I also met the Williamson whose kids have all flown the coop. I am excited to meet everyone next week though :]

I have always wanted to serve in a city. Especially one with a University. I am so excited to work here. May the force be with me :] Love you all. keep it real

Elder Thayne

So this is the Waddells in Dunfermline. Charles, Alex, Bowman, Rosie,
Elder Flynn, Me, Robert.

My Flat
Elder Quinton

No comments:

Post a Comment