Monday, December 19, 2016

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

So this last week has been really good. We were able to find quite a bit and teach some really good lessons. had some spontaneous exchanges and met with amazing members. 

We were teaching this guy named Jack. He is from England and has been in and out of trouble his entire life. we were going to Glasgow for a surprise exchange so we were going to miss our appointment with Jack. Out of the blue we saw him about an hour before we were suppose to go so we pulled him into the library :] we taught him about the Holy Ghost and the restoration. We invited him to baptism and he excepted. I have to say that this lesson was one of the smoothest lessons I have ever taught. It just felt so good. The spirit was definitely leading that discussion. 
     we met with him again on Sunday and we asked him about his reading. He started telling us about how he felt like he was Lehi going out to pray and asking what he needs to do with his life. It was pretty cool. We asked him if he prayed and he said he did. We then asked him how he felt. He said, "It felt weird. Interesting to say the least. It felt like something was trying to get inside of me." I asked him if it was a bad feeling. He said, "No not at all. It was really good. It felt as if this thing was saying let me in. Keep reading. You know what you are suppose to do Jack, please let me in." When he told us that I just looked at him for several seconds to see if he was being sincere about it. He was. He said he felt the spirit and he needs to change his life. I am so excited for him. I am so excited to see where this goes. We are seeing him again today, so we will see how it goes :]

I don't have much time this week. I am just happy to be here. I am seeing a lot of miracles in my mission and in my life. It is like a christmas present from God. It really is beginning to look a lot like christmas. Love you all. Hope you have a good one.

Elder Thayne



No comments:

Post a Comment